Her informant, Ginger, provided these details:
- A restaurant (or was it a grocery?) invented chipped chopped.
- Super-thin-cut spicy ham meant as a sandwich filling. Cut so thin that it’s practically transparent
- Normally sold plain (no barbeque sauce).
- Available everywhere now in Pittsburgh, like in grocery stores and delis – and church lunches.
- Cheese and lettuce optional
- Isaly’s invented the chipped chopped. (Inventor stories almost always seem apocryphal to me, but you never know.)
A bit of sniffing around turned up this claim:
All info still in raw form. No agent sources or facts have been checked. MUST go out into the field for confirmation.
What to look for in the wild: